Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Graduation Frustration

I find it real funny how I have paperwork showing that I matriculated into Marketing as my concentration, yet the university doesn't seem to have it.  Let me start from the beginning.  I had to go online to RSVP as to whether or not I will attend graduation ceremonies.  If something on the form was incorrect, I then had to call the Registrar's office.  When I called, the person looked up the information and said I needed to fill out the proper paperwork because I needed to declare my major.  Well, I spent about three weeks last semester running all over campus to get various signatures and turned it in.  I then received an email stating that I would be matriculated into Marketing in the Spring 2011 semester, just in time to graduate.

After being transferred to someone else to discuss what needs to be done, to no avail I must add, I go online once more to check my transcript.  Lo and behold, according to my transcript, it shows Marketing as my concentration.  I also checked my email files and have the original paperwork saying that the paperwork was turned in, etc etc etc.

I just don't see how a university can not have information six weeks before graduation, especially when the paperwork was turned in in the middle of November. Other than that, I'm all set to graduate.

1 comment: