Friday, August 5, 2011

Little known facts about me

I never liked the month of August, mainly because it meant the end of summer. Now I really hate it because it is a month of death. Within less than 3 weeks of each other in 2010 I lost my dog and my grandfather. There's not a day I don't think about either one of them.

I'm just like my grandfather and father in certain mannerisms.

I look just like my dad.

I hate wearing glasses, but can't wear contacts, and am too afraid of surgery.

I love road trips, and wish I could take more of them.

I have a short temper that gets me in trouble with friends. But when I'm able to get away and clear my mind, I'm okay. I just need space.

Scrapbooking helps clear my mind.

I wish I exercised more and enjoyed running. I just need more motivation.

I feel like as I'm growing older I'm losing friends who I thought were close to me. However, I feel like I become closer to my friends who I don't talk to/see all the time.

There's many things I wish to accomplish/see in my life and I'm afraid I won't get to do them all.

I just read the entire Harry Potter series in under three weeks. 

From my previous statement, you can tell I enjoy reading. However, that was not always the case. Reading is more fun when you're not forced to do it.

My favorite time of the year is late September/early October when it's still warm out but starting to get colder.

I played softball from the time I was 5 until I was 22. The only reason I stopped was because I wouldn't be on campus my final semester of college. The only time I don't miss playing is when the temperatures are 85+ degrees outside.

I believe everything happens for a reason. I met my boyfriend 4 days before my grandmother died. Without even knowing me that well, he was there for me more than anyone else...and we weren't even together. He's been there for me everyday since.

If I ever move down South, it would be for one of two reasons: (1) I was offered a job (2) sweet tea.

My two favorite shows are NCIS and One Tree Hill. And both happen to air on Tuesdays at 8pm. This causes a major dilemma for me.

I love wedding shows. But I really should stop watching them until I get engaged. (I type this as I watch Four Weddings on TLC).

Jersey Shore is a guilty pleasure TV show.

I love meeting athletes and getting their autographs. 

One of my favorite memories growing up was going to my grandparents house every Saturday and my Pop Pop would always have cracker barrel cheese in the house for me. He would always cut me some and make me a Shirley Temple. Now we just have weekly lunches :)

Similar to any other Jersey girl, I love being tan. However, I refuse to fake bake or spray tan. I just tan very well in the summer out in the sun and it lasts all year. Gotta love the Italian blood.

I grew up with TGIFridays on ABC and '90s Nickelodeon shows. I still reference them. I also believe I learned most of life's lessons from Boy Meets World and Mr. Feeny.


I absolutely love pepperoni cheese steaks from Jimmi's Pizzeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment