Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sometimes all you need is someone to have your back and believe in you when you don't believe in yourself.

I've gone through alot in the past month or so. Alot of ups and (mostly) downs. My friends had my back no matter what. It's a great feeling knowing that those who care about you put everything they have into making sure you are okay.

In this past month I have definitely restored some friendships. I learned that these people will always have my back. They may not always agree with my choices, but will support me because they know I am following my heart and my head with the decisions I am making.

Only these people could see that I was not okay, that I was hiding behind a fake smile and just saying I was okay. I felt if I said I was okay, I would actually make myself believe I was okay. But I learned this doesn't work. I need to be honest with myself and those I care about. That's what got me in trouble. Just hiding behind a fake smile and pretending all was okay.

While this post may be all over the place (which I am sorry for) take this. Don't hide bottle up how you are feeling and act like everything is okay if it isn't. You are not only hurting yourself, but those who really do care about you.

No comments:

Post a Comment